So this was originally written in 2012. I can honestly say that 2 years later, not much has changed. Number 8 remains my goal (it rolls over from year to year) and number 25 is still true. I know, I know. Be sure to let me know in the comments which one surprises you most!
1. I have been told that I look like exactly two celebrities in my life: Henry Thomas of E.T. fame and Soleil Moon Frye of Punky Brewster fame. As a child, the Henry Thomas comparison was quite scarring to me. As an adult, the Soleil Moon Frye comparison would be quite scarring … to her.
2. I despise eating outdoors. I don’t like bugs near my food or being afraid to drink my beverage for fear that my napkin will blow away.
3. I cannot remember the last time or if there has ever been a time when I have placed an order off a menu that did not require me to change it completely based on my extreme pickiness. For example: “I’ll have a taco. But with the fajita chicken. And hard shell. ONLY. That is it. No cheese, no beans, no rice, no lettuce, no tomato, nothing but fajita chicken and shell.” Bet you want to eat out with me, huh?
4. I have a childhood fear of frogs that I am probably still not over. Growing up in Texas, this was a challenge as frogs were plentiful. I pretty much learned how to levitate from the car to the front door by age five.
5. My hubby and I grew up in the same neighborhood, graduated from the same high school (albeit 5 years apart), but did not meet in real life until I lived in another state.
6. I am obsessed with Twitter. I like it even more than Facebook. You should totally follow me there (@thedosetweets).
7. I cannot stand the color light blue. Which makes typing in Word quite difficult since that is the background color. I find nothing remotely soothing about that color.
8. One of my goals for 2012 is to have Ryan Gosling save my life like he did for that lady in New York who almost got hit by the cab.
9. I love to eat peanut M&M’s in my movie popcorn, since the combination of salty and sweet is just delicious.
10. I always take my own drink to the movies (Ssshhh!) and if I am going to dinner first I bring it in a lunch sack with an ice pack so it stays cold. It is always a can of Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper, depending on what I have in my refrigerator. It is not because I am opposed to paying for a beverage, but rather because I really prefer soda out of a can.
11. I love word games of all kinds on my iPod, but I am especially in love with Skywords. If you don’t have it, get it. It is like Words with Friends, only a million times more awesome.
12. I cannot go to sleep without reading, no matter how late it is or how tired I am.
13. I am OCD about nothing (as evidenced by the state of my home) except for my silverware drawer, which I straighten every time I open it.
14. If there was a job where people would let me name their babies for them, I would totally do it, probably even for free.
15. The same minister who married my parents 30 years previously married Robert and me, and it was by pure coincidence. My parents were married in Memphis, TN in 1969 and we were married in Houston, TX in 1999. I still get goose bumps when I think about it.
16. I have a cadaver ligament in my right knee from a skiing accident that resulted in surgery my freshman year of college.
17. I have had a lot of random celebrity encounters. Most random was Liza Minnelli in Michael’s in Sugarland, TX (suburb of Houston) on Christmas Eve 1993 buying wrapping paper.
18. My high school football team went to the state championships my sophomore year in high school. It still bothers me to this day that we lost to a team called the Kangaroos.
19. I actually require glasses full-time for distance vision, but I only wear them for driving and watching movies, so if I ever see you in Target and don’t wave that is why.
20. I put a ballerina dance magnet over the dent in my minivan hatch rather than pay the money it would take to get it fixed. $5<$500.
21. If I was not a full-time wife and mother I would totally follow Bon Jovi around the country and be a groupie.
22. I wish I knew how to knit so I would have an activity to do while watching TV that was not snacking on large bags of candy.
23. I cannot drive a stick shift.
24. I have never read the book or seen the movie “Gone with the Wind”.