Last summer Abby was determined that her body was not going to be submerged in water at the swimming pool that covered anymore than her legs and perhaps half of her stomach. This greatly limited our time at the pool, as she only wanted to enjoy the kiddie area, and Emma, being a full-blown swimmer, wanted to you know, actually swim.
This summer, however, it seems as though turning four and a half (that half is vitally important at this age) has awakened the desire in Abby to see what the water can really do for her. Or perhaps more what she can do for the water.
I am always looking for good quality swimwear for my girls because I feel like there is nothing worse than a bathing suit that quickly becomes yellowed or pilled after just a few times through the wash. I especially enjoy the rash guard style swimsuits for both of my girls because they are usually two pieces. This makes trips to the pool bathroom so much easier, and since they cover more body area, I can use less sunscreen. I am all about using less sunscreen, especially for Abby, since I pretty much have to wrestle her to the ground to get it on.
I recently received a complimentary outfit from GrUVyWear in exchange for reviewing it on my blog, and the understanding was that all the opinions expressed would be my own-whether I liked the swimwear or not. You all know that I tell it like it is…like it really is–so that was the only way this would work! GrUVyWear totally agreed. They just wanted my honest opinion, whatever it was. Great! Bring it on, GrUVyWear!
- Abby absolutely loves it! Given her very opinionated nature, it was great to have her be so enthusiastic when I showed it to her.
- The adorable pattern is bright and colorful, and I feel like it will easily stand out at the pool among a sea of children, which as a mother is always a big concern for me.
- I love the fact that the material is thicker than many of the other rash guard style suits I have seen, without being hot.
- I really like the skirt style of the bottom, because it adds a level of sass to make it more fun!
- Abby is a true size 4-5 in her clothing, but this suit is a 5-6, and it definitely fits her. I would recommend ordering a size larger than your child normally wears in order to get the most bang for your buck!
WOULD I PAY MONEY FOR THIS? Yes, I would! I am thrilled with the outfit I received for Abby! I will be buying a corresponding suit for Emma, as they have fantastic mix and match varieties available! I’ll even come back at the end of the summer and let you know how they held up with all the trips to the pool and cycles through the washing machine.
Now my readers, you don’t think I would leave you out of the fun, do you?
GrUVyWear has invited all my readers to shop directly from this link http://bit.ly/LBkEPf and use the code SAVE1510 in order to receive 15% off an order. This coupon code will expire on July 15th, so make sure you go check out the site today! Happy shopping y’all!