I am linking up this week for the first time with the fantastic Monday Listicles. The theme for this week is anything wedding. Given that it has been 13 years since I walked down the aisle, I had to wrack my brain a bit to think of what I wanted to share about weddings.
Then it hit me.
Pinterest. After all, I spend more than a few hours at a time there these days having fantasies about clothes I will never wear, a home I will never live in and food that I will never get to eat (mostly, because no one will ever make it for me). Why not browse around and see what they have in the way of weddings? Let me tell you all, if I could live July 17, 1999 all over again, I would totally use some of these ideas to make my day a little more magical!
1. How totally adorable is this idea? It would certainly make the trips to the bathroom much more fun for the guests!
2. If I had known about this idea I would have totally gotten this as a gift for Robert. It would have been so much better than skis.
3. We had place cards, but this would have been so much better. And far more meaningful.
4. This is totally genius and such a fun idea. Unless, of course, they request a bad song.
5. This is so much more original than just calling your friends on the phone like I did. Even more depressing is that this would have been the time in my life when I had the time and energy for this sort of creativity. Sorry girls!
6. I am all about advice. I love tips. There is nothing that would make me happier than to have had something like this to look at every year.
7. I love being cozy. I love pajamas. I could have given Robert the cufflinks, and he totally could have given me these!
8. Another great suggestion for guests. It is indicated for a shower idea, but I actually think you could do it at the wedding, too. A lifetime of date night ideas!
9. Not only is this totally crafty and adorable, thus making your guests think you are amazing, but it also serves as a great storage place for all your sentimental messages.
10. We gave champagne for our wedding favors. I feel like this would have been so much better.
What are your favorite wedding ideas? If you had your special day to do all over again, what would you do differently? What is your favorite wedding gift to give?