We had a first for The Dose Girls this weekend. And not in a good way. We both discovered that we need new air conditioners, which in addition to being ridiculously expensive also leaves us quite hot. We don’t enjoy being hot. Or spending money we don’t have with really nothing to show for it. I mean, other than the cool air. Our blog meeting led us to a trip down memory lane over some firsts that were better than this one.
Do you remember your first time? Wasn’t it exciting, yet scary? Was it everything you thought it would be?
Wait, what do you think we’re talking about? Ugh…get your mind out of the gutters, people. What are you, twelve years old? You should be ashamed of yourselves!!
We *are* talking about first times. But we’re not talking about THAT first time (that was 25 seconds not worth mentioning again)…we’re talking about our OTHER firsts…
1. “Weird Al” Yankovic (Lisa) –I know that it seems impossible someone with such fine musical taste begged to see Weird Al in concert, but it’s true! Oh, don’t make that face. You KNOW you liked him, too!!
2. Eddie Rabbit (Ashley)– In the round, no less! He was totally singing “I Love a Rainy Night” straight to me!! I know it!
First Occupation You Ever Wanted to Have
3. Solid Gold Dancer (Lisa)– Was there EVER anything more glamorous or womanly (not to mention flexible) than a Solid Gold Dancer? No, I didn’t think so either. The hair, the gold lamé leotards, the poses at the end of the songs… I wanted it all.
4. The Price Is Right Stagehand (Ashley)– You know they totally got to play all the games. Given that I even built my own Plinko board in the garage out of plywood, I was perfect for the job. Quite frankly, I still am!
First You Tube Video That Made Parenting Seem Fun
5. Charlie Bit My Finger (Lisa)– The first time I saw this I emailed it to everyone…and attempted to talk in a British accent all day.
6. David After The Dentist (Ashley)– I feel like it’s really the greatest example of parenting to ever hit the internet.
First Music Video You Waited Up All Night To Watch
7. Tears For Fears’ Shout (Lisa)– I cannot tell you how much I *loved* this video. I saw this recently watching old “I Love the 80s” episodes on YouTube, and I still remember every single word they sang so earnestly.
8. Michael Jackson’s Thriller (Ashley)– Despite the fact that I am pretty sure it probably gave me nightmares, I could not get enough of this video. It’s a shame I’d never dance in public, because in my head I *kill* this choreography!
First ‘Just Say No’ PSA We Saw After School
9. I Learned It From Watching YOU (Lisa)– This was a classic. I was so upset neither of my parents did drugs, because I yearned to yell this at them like the boy.
10. This Is Your Brain…ON DRUGS (Ashley)– Not only was this a sobering thought, it also started my quest to crack an egg without breaking the yolk.
So there you have it. These are a few of our favorite “firsts”. Do you have a favorite first?